The invoice incentive scheme – Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar begins on 1 September 2023. The objective of the scheme is to bring a cultural and behavioural change in the general public to ask for a Bill as their right and entitlement.
- Scheme Name: The invoice incentive scheme – Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar
- Objective: To bring a cultural and behavioral change in the public by encouraging them to ask for a bill as their right and entitlement.
- Initial Pilot: Launched as a pilot in the States of Assam, Gujarat, and Haryana, along with the Union Territories of Puducherry, Dadra Nagar Haveli, and Daman and Diu.
- Consumer Reward: Consumers have the chance to win an attractive reward of one crore rupees.
- Eligibility: All Business to Customer invoices issued by GST registered suppliers to consumers will be eligible for the scheme.
- Minimum Invoice Value: Invoices with a minimum value of two hundred rupees will be considered for the lucky draw.
- Invoice Submission: Invoices can be uploaded using the Mobile Application “Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar” or the web portal “merabill.gst.gov.in”.
- Participant Eligibility: All residents of India can participate, regardless of their state or UT.
- Monthly Upload Limit: An individual can upload a maximum of 25 invoices in a month to be eligible for the lucky draw.
- Monthly Reward: The government will select 800 individuals every month, and each will receive a reward of ten thousand rupees.
- Bumper Draw: A quarterly bumper draw will be held, with two people winning a reward of one crore rupees each.
- Scheme Duration: The pilot scheme will run for a period of 12 months.
Q.: What is the name of the government-initiated invoice incentive scheme to bring a cultural and behavioural change in the general public to ask for a Bill as their right and entitlement ?
A) Bill Rewards Initiative
B) Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar
C) Fiscal Behavior Incentive
D) Invoice Culture Drive
Ans : B) Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar