Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the launch of the ‘Meri Mati Mera Desh’ campaign ahead of Independence Day 2023. The campaign aims to honor the martyred men and women of the nation. The campaign will be organized in the midst of the ongoing Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
- Special inscriptions will be installed in lakhs of village panchayats to commemorate the martyrs.
- Under the campaign, an ‘Amrit Kalash Yatra’ will be organized across the country.
- The ‘Amrit Kalash Yatra’ will carry soil in 7500 urns from every corner of the country to the capital.
- Saplings will also be collected from different parts of the country during this journey.
- An ‘Amrit Vatika’ will be built near the National War Memorial by fusing the soil and saplings from the 7500 urns.
- The ‘Amrit Vatika’ will symbolize ‘Ek Bharat Shresth Bharat.’
Q.: What is the purpose of the ‘Meri Mati Mera Desh’ campaign ahead of Independence Day 2023?
A) To celebrate Independence Day
B) To honor the martyred men and women
C) To organize Amrit Mahotsav celebrations
D) To build the National War Memorial
Ans : B) To honor the martyred men and women