- Minister of State Dr L Murugan will lead the delegation to the Cannes Film Festival from 16 to 27 May 2023.
- The India Pavilion is being conceptualised and designed by National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad with the theme – ‘Showcasing India’s Creative Economy’ to the global community.
- Oscar winners Ms. Guneet Monga (The Elephant Whispers) and Ms. Manushi Chhillar (Actress) will walk the red carpet.
- Four Indian films in Official Selection for Cannes, restored Manipuri film ‘Ishanhou’ to be showcased in the ‘Classics’ section.
- The festival will witness the poster and trailer of the 54th IFFI in November 2023.
- The Cannes Film Festival is one of the most prestigious international film festivals held annually in Cannes, France.
Qns : What is the theme of the India Pavilion at the Cannes Film Festival 2023?
(A) Showcasing India’s Creative Economy
(B) Showcasing India’s Film Industry
(C) Celebrating India’s Culture
(D) Showcasing India’s Technology
Answer : (A) Showcasing India’s Creative Economy