Norwegian author Jon Fosse has been awarded the 2023 Nobel Prize in Literature for his innovative plays and prose.
- The Swedish Academy recognized Fosse as one of the most widely performed playwrights globally and noted his increasing recognition for his prose.
- Fosse’s work revolves around the human condition, regardless of genre.
- The Nobel Prize committee praised Fosse for presenting everyday situations that resonate with people’s lives.
- Fosse’s unique style involves a radical reduction of language and dramatic action to express powerful human emotions, such as anxiety and powerlessness, in simple terms.
- Jon Fosse joins a prestigious list of past Nobel Prize in Literature winners, including Toni Morrison and Ernest Hemingway.
Q.: Who was awarded the 2023 Nobel Prize in Literature for his innovative plays and prose?
a) Toni Morrison
b) Ernest Hemingway
c) Jon Fosse
d) William Shakespeare
Ans : c) Jon Fosse