- On the occasion of the 60th National Maritime Day, Ports, Shipping and Waterways Minister Sarbananda Sonowal flagged off the Maritime Awareness Walkathon in New Delhi.
- Mr Sonowal highlighted the importance of the maritime sector for India’s economic growth and said that it is the lifeline and route to the prosperity of the nation.
- Shipping will open new boundaries to lead the building of Aatmanirbhar Bharat in India’s Amrit Kaal, according to Mr Sonowal.
- The vision of Amrit Kaal under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi is for the creation of excellent employment opportunities for the youth, the Minister said.
- Mr Sonowal stressed the need to work hard to make shipping a fast-growing sector so that India can become a world leader in maritime infrastructure as well as a lead player in the maritime economy.
Question : When is the National Maritime Day celebrated?
a) 5 April
b) 4 June
c) 6 April
Answer: a) 5 April