- President Droupadi Murmu conferred 55 Padma Awards for the year 2023, at the second Civil Investiture Ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Three Padma Vibhushan, five Padma Bhushan and 47 Padma Shri Awards were presented.
- Padma Vibhushan was given to ORS pioneer Dr Dilip Mahalanabis and former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mulayam Singh Yadav posthumously.
- Padma Bhushan was awarded to philanthropist Sudha Murthy, theoretical physicist Prof Deepak Dhar, Kannada author Dr. S.L. Bhyrappa and spiritual leader Tridandi Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji.
- Legendary singer Vani Jairam was given Padma Bhushan posthumously.
- President Murmu also conferred Padma Shri awards on Music composer MM Keeravani, Water Conservationist Umashankar Pandey, Mathematician Sujatha Ramdorai, Educator Anand Kumar, and actress Raveena Tandon among others.
- Social worker Gajanan Jagannath Mane, who has devoted his life to the rehabilitation of leprosy-affected people and Ajay Kumar Mandavi, who is actively involved in rehabilitating former Maoists through Wood Carving Art, were also given Padma Shri awards.
Question: Who was awarded the Padma Shri for their work in rehabilitating leprosy-affected people?
a) Umashankar Pandey
b) Gajanan Jagannath Mane
c) Anand Kumar
d) Ajay Kumar Mandavi
Answer: b) Gajanan Jagannath Mane