Russia’s Moon mission (Luna-25) ended in failure as its spacecraft spun out of control and crashed into the moon on 19 August 2023.
- Russia’s Luna-25 was a lunar lander mission that aimed to explore the south pole of the Moon.
- It was launched on 10 August 2023 from the Vostochny Cosmodrome in Russia.
- It crashed into the Moon on 19 August 2023 after a failed orbital maneuver.
- It was Russia’s first lunar mission in nearly five decades.
- The cause of the crash is still under investigation by Roscosmos, the Russian space agency
The Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) ambitious mission to the Moon, Chandrayaan 3 spacecraft is scheduled to make a soft landing on the south pole of the lunar surface at around 6:04 pm (Indian Standard Time) on 23 August 2023.
Q.: What is the name of the Russian space agency?
A) RSA (Russian Space Administration)
B) RKA (Russian Cosmonautics Agency)
C) Roscosmos (Russian Federal Space Agency)
D) RFSA (Russian Federal Space Administration)
Ans : C) Roscosmos (Russian Federal Space Agency)