- Startup India, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce recently organized the 3rd edition of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Startup Forum for the first time in New Delhi.
- Earlier two editions have been successfully organized virtually. It aims to increase conversation about startups among Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) member countries, create more jobs and encourage youth to create innovative solutions.
- The focus was on the spirit of cooperation and entrepreneurship, the occasion for discussions with SCO member states. Its purpose was to promote innovation development, especially through the creation of common platforms and the exchange of ideas among SCO member states.
- Bilateral meetings were held between various startups to promote and achieve this agenda.
- In addition, the delegates also participated in a workshop on ‘Role of Bilateral and Multilateral Engagement in Development of Startup Ecosystem’ organized by Startup India. A brainstorming session was also organized in the workshop to understand the various means to promote the startup ecosystem, to strengthen closer ties between the member countries.
Qns : Where was the third edition of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Startup Forum organized?
(B) New Delhi
Ans : (B) New Delhi