- Shri Bidyut Bihari Swain, IAS took the oath of office and secrecy as a member of UPSC on 1st June. Union Public Service Commission Chairman Dr. Manoj Soni administered him the oath of office and secrecy.
- Shri Bidyut Bihari Swain joined the Indian Administrative Service in 1988 in Gujarat Cadre. Between 1989 and 2018, Mr. Swain held various positions in the Government of Gujarat.
- He held the positions of Chief Executive Officer of Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board, Secretary of Primary Education, Commissioner of Industries, Vice-Chancellor, Managing Director of Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation and Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat.
- He holds an MA degree in Political Science from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and a Masters in Public Policy and Management from The Institute of Social Studies, The Hague, Netherlands.
- He is a collector of autographed books and contemporary Indian art.
Qns : Who took oath of office and secrecy as a member of UPSC?
(A) Rajesh Kumar Anand
(B) Dr. Manoj Soni
(C) Shri Bidyut Bihari Swain
(D) None of these
Ans : (C) Shri Bidyut Bihari Swain