- India’s top shot putter, Tajinderpal Singh Toor has created a new Asian shot put record at the Inter-State Championships in Bhubaneswar on 19th June 2023.
- The 28-year-old athlete, representing Punjab, broke his own previous Asian record with a best throw of 21.77m. Toor broke his own record of 21.49m, which he had set in Patiala in 2021.
- His outstanding performance has placed him ninth in the list of longest shot put distances recorded worldwide this season.
- The inter-state meet is a qualifier for the Asian Games. Toor cleared the qualifying mark of 21.40m to secure his place in the upcoming World Championships.
- Additionally, he also qualified for the Asian Games by clearing the required distance of 19 metres.
Qns : Which Indian athlete has created a new Asian shot put record at the Inter-State Championships in Bhubaneswar, on 19th June 2023?
(A) Vikas Gowda
(B) Jugraj Singh
(C) Tajinderpal Singh Toor
(D) Mohd Yasser
Ans : (C) Tajinderpal Singh Toor