- The Kalavari class Project-75, the sixth submarine of the Indian Navy, Yard 11880, commenced her sea trials on 18 May 2023.
- The submarine was launched on 20 April 2022 from Kanhoji Angre Wet Basin of Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL).
- The Vaghsheer submarine will be handed over to the Indian Navy in early 2024 after completion of trials.
- MDL has delivered three Project-75 submarines to the Navy in 24 months and the commencement of sea trials of the sixth submarine is a significant step.
- The submarine will now undergo extensive trials at sea of all its systems, including propulsion systems, weapons and sensors.
Qns : Which company built the sixth submarine of the Indian Navy’s Kalavari class Project-75, Yard 11880?
(A) Bombay Dockyard
(B) Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL)
(C) Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL)
(D) Cochin Shipyard
Ans : (C) Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL)