- The Chandrayaan 3 mission is planned to be launched by mid-July 2023. The objective of the mission is to land the rover on the lunar surface.
- The orbiter, lander, rover and propulsion modules are being tested and will be integrated with the LVM3 launch vehicle.
- The LVM3 rocket will be ready by the end of this month and the work of connecting Chandrayaan 3 to the rocket will be done by early July.
- The lander will land at a designated lunar site and deploy the rover which will perform in-situ chemical analysis of the lunar surface during its mobility.
- Another big project of Aditya L1 mission will be launched by August or January next year. The Aditya L1 satellite will be placed in a halo orbit around the Lagrange point or L1 of the Sun-Earth system to study the Sun.
Qns : When is the Chandrayaan 3 mission planned to be launched?
(A) July 2023
(B) September 2023
(C) December 2023
(D) August 2023
Ans : (A) July 2023