- In order to realize Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of of “Sahkar se Samriddhi”, it has been decided to form 1100 new Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) in the cooperative sector.
- These additional 1100 FPOs have been allotted to National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) under FPO scheme.
- Under the FPO scheme, financial assistance of Rs 33 lakh is provided to each FPO. In addition, financial assistance of Rs 25 lakh per FPO is provided to the cluster based business organizations.
- Primary Agricultural Credit Societies that are primarily engaged in short-term credit and distribution of seeds and fertilizers will now be able to undertake high-income activities such as bee-keeping and mushroom cultivation, among other economic activities.
- This initiative will ensure remunerative prices for their produce by providing necessary market linkages to the farmers.
Qns : Which organization has been allotted the responsibility of forming the additional 1100 FPOs?
(A) National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
(B) Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
(C) Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
(D) Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
Ans : (A) National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).