The British government has launched the second ballot under the UK-India Young Professional Scheme, targeting Indians aged between 18 and 30 years with graduate-level qualifications for UK visas.
- Eligible young Indians have the opportunity to live, work, or study in the UK for up to two years through this scheme.
- To be eligible, an Indian national between 18 to 30 years of age with a graduate or post-graduate qualification can apply for the India Young Professionals Scheme visa.
- The Ballot for this scheme closes at 1.30 pm the next day from the time of the announcement.
- The joint scheme between the UK and India was launched in February of the current year.
- Candidates can enter the UK at any time while their visa is valid and can leave or return anytime during their stay.
- As part of the reciprocal arrangement, British nationals will also be offered similar visas to live and work in India.
- The scheme has a total of 3,000 places available for the year 2023, with most places already allocated in the first ballot conducted in February.
- The remaining places will be randomly selected from the current month’s ballot.
- It is free to enter the ballot, but applicants are advised to participate only if they intend to apply for the visa and can meet the financial and other requirements.
- Candidates must travel to the UK within six months of applying for their visa.
Question: What is the name of the scheme that offers work visas to young Indians between 18 and 30 years with graduate-level qualifications for the UK?
A) UK-India Graduate Exchange Program
B) UK-India Young Professional Scheme
C) India-UK Study and Work Initiative
D) Youth Mobility Program: India Edition
Answer: B) UK-India Young Professional Scheme