- The Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the Integrated Biological Control Laboratory at the National Institute of Plant Health Management (NIPHM), Hyderabad in Telangana on 15 May 2023.
- The new Integrated Biological Control Laboratory (BC Lab) is a state-of-the-art laboratory set up at NIPHM, with facilities to provide hands-on experience on production methods for biopesticides and biocontrol agents.
- These include predators and parasitoids, entomopathogenic fungi, biofertilizers, NPV, pheromones, and flora.
- The use of bio-control agents, bio-pesticides, and bio-fertilizers will help in reducing the use of chemical pesticides and fertilizers, consequently reduce the adverse effects on the environment and human health and contribute to improved Soil and Plant Health.
- The BC Lab will also have an Insect Museum, weed museum, exhibition hall, Natural Farming Cell etc. to showcase the specimens of agriculturally important insects and weeds in the best preserved or live forms.
Qns : Where is the Integrated Biological Control Laboratory located?
(A) National Institute of Plant Health Management (NIPHM), Hyderabad
(B) Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi
(C) Central Rice Research Institute (CRRI), Cuttack
(D) Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Pune
Ans : (A) National Institute of Plant Health Management (NIPHM), Hyderabad