Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the Aviation Security Control Centre (ASCC) of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) at Mahipalpur campus in New Delhi on July 22, 2023.
- The ASCC’s purpose is to address current security challenges and monitor threats and social media chatter for the 66 civil airports under the CISF’s security cover.
- The ASCC has access to 24×7 real-time data monitoring and trend analysis of passengers and air traffic.
- Equipped with cutting-edge technologies, the ASCC includes a data centre, research and development lab, and a war room for handling emergencies.
- The centre receives real-time feeds from security operations control centres (SOCCs) at the 66 airports, including busy and hyper-sensitive facilities in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Jammu, Srinagar, Amritsar, and others.
- The facility provides realistic inputs about passenger traffic at any given time and helps optimize resource utilization.
- The ASCC monitors various aspects such as bomb threat calls, VVIP movements, major incidents, passenger clearance time, and the usage of security gadgets and queue management systems at the 66 airports.
- The CISF’s aviation security group (ASG) is responsible for providing armed security cover to these 66 airports, working under the command of the Union home ministry.
Q.: Which centralized facility was inaugurated by Union Home Minister Amit Shah on July 22, 2023, to address security challenges for 66 civil airports under the CISF’s security cover?
a) Central Security Monitoring Centre (CSMC)
b) Air Traffic Control Centre (ATCC)
c) Aviation Security Control Centre (ASCC)
d) Security Operations Command Centre (SOCC)
Answer: c) Aviation Security Control Centre (ASCC)