UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) declared the preliminary result for Civil Services Examination 2023 on 12th June. A total of 14624 candidates have been recommended by the commission. The preliminary exam was conducted on 28th May. Mains exam is to be held from 15th September 2023.
UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) :
The Union Public Service Commission, commonly abbreviated as UPSC, is the principal central recruiting agency of India for the recruitment of all Group ‘A’ officers under the Government of India. It is responsible for appointments and examinations for Group ‘A’ posts in several Central Government establishments, including Central Public Sector Undertakings and Central Autonomous Bodies. While the Department of Personnel & Training is the central personnel agency in India.
Headquarter & Present Chairman :
The Commission is headquartered at Dholpur House, New Delhi & functions through its own Secretariat. Dr. Manoj Soni is the chairman of UPSC from 5 April 2022 and Date of retirement is 15 May 2029.
UPSC Posts – 3 Types of Civil Services :
The posts of 24 different civil services are filled through the Civil Services Examination (CSE) conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
All India Civil Services :
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian Forest Service (IFoS)
Group ‘A’ Civil Services :
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IAAS)
- Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS)
- Indian Corporate Law Service (ICLS)
- Indian Defence Accounts Service (IDAS)
- Indian Defence Estates Service (IDES)
- Indian Information Service (IIS)
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS)
- Indian Communication Finance Services (ICFS)
- Indian Postal Service (IPoS)
- Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS)
- Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS)
- Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS)
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS)
- Indian Trade Service (ITS)
- Railway Protection Force (RPF)
Group ‘B’ Civil Services
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service
- Pondicherry Civil Service
- Pondicherry Police Service
Recruitment Procedure :
UPSC selection process is a three stage process which includes preliminary, main and interview. It is conducted to select candidates for various civil services and other important government posts in India. The IAS selection process is similar to the UPSC selection process.
Qns : Who is the Chairman of UPSC in 2023?
(A) Lt. Gen. Raj Shukla
(B) Preeti Sudan
(C) Dr. Manoj Soni
(D) Suman Sharma
Ans : (C) Dr. Manoj Soni