The Central Vigilance Commission is observing Vigilance Awareness Week 2023 from October 30 to November 5, 2023.
- The purpose of Vigilance Awareness Week is to raise awareness about the importance of integrity and ethics in public life.
- The theme for Vigilance Awareness Week 2023 is “Say no to corruption; Commit to the Nation.”
- The week commenced with the administration of the integrity pledge by Central Vigilance Commissioner Praveen Kumar Srivastava and Vigilance Commissioner Arvinda Kumar to officials at Satarkata Bhawan in New Delhi.
- The Commission had encouraged the participation of all Central Government authorities and organizations in a three-month campaign on preventive vigilance activities from August 16 to November 15.
- To promote public participation and disseminate information on vigilance matters, the Commission has launched a quiz on vigilance matters.
- The Commission is issuing three publications: “Best Practices in Vigilance Administration,” “Increasing transparency through the use of technology,” and “Public Procurement: Challenges and Way Forward” to showcase effective and innovative initiatives undertaken by different organizations.
- The Commission is seeking the participation of all citizens in promoting transparency and accountability in public administration.
Q.: What is the theme for Vigilance Awareness Week 2023?
a) Fight for Justice
b) Say no to bureaucracy
c) Say no to corruption; Commit to the Nation
d) Celebrating Transparency
Ans : c) Say no to corruption; Commit to the Nation