Carlos Alcaraz defeated Novak Djokovic in a thrilling five-set match to win Men’s title of Wimbledon championship on 16 July 2023 in London.
- Alcaraz’s victory denied Djokovic the 24th Grand Slam title of his career and his third in 2023.
- Alcaraz, at the age of 20, became the youngest Wimbledon finalist since 2006.
- Djokovic won the first set 6-1, but Alcaraz fought back in the second set, eventually winning the tiebreaker 9-7 to even the match at one set apiece.
- Alcaraz broke Djokovic twice in the third set, winning 6-1 and taking a two sets-to-one lead.
- Djokovic regrouped and broke Alcaraz in the fourth set, sending the match to a decisive fifth set.
- Alcaraz broke Djokovic early in the fifth set and maintained his lead throughout the set, as Djokovic struggled with his right arm and was unable to break back.
Q.: Who did Carlos Alcaraz defeat to win the Men’s title at the Wimbledon championship 2023?
a) Roger Federer
b) Rafael Nadal
c) Novak Djokovic
d) Andy Murray
Ans : c) Novak Djokovic