- The 7th edition of joint military exercise “AJEYA WARRIOR-23” between India and United Kingdom (England) is being conducted from 27 April to 11 May 2023 at Salisbury Plains, United Kingdom.
- ‘Exercise AJEYA WARRIOR’ is a biennial training program of India with the United Kingdom, which is conducted alternately in the United Kingdom and India. The previous edition of this exercise was conducted in October 2021 at Chaubatia in Uttarakhand.
- Troops from the 2nd Royal Gorkha Rifles from the United Kingdom and troops from the Bihar Regiment of the Indian Army are participating in the exercise. The Indian Army contingent arrived at Breeze Norton on 26 April 2023 with indigenous weapons and equipment from the C-17 aircraft of the Indian Air Force.
- The scope of the exercise includes Command Post Exercise (CPX) at Battalion level and Field Training Exercise (FTX) at Company level. During this exercise, the participants will participate in various missions testing their operational skills in various simulated situations. In addition, they will showcase their tactical exercises and learn from each other’s operational experience.
- The aim of the exercise is to build positive military-to-military relations, adopt each other’s best practices and enhance the ability to work together while undertaking company-level sub-conventional operations in urban and semi-urban environments under UN mandate. To promote Apart from this, it is also to develop interoperability, camaraderie, and friendly relations between the two armies.
Qns : Joint military exercise “Ajeya Warrior-23” took place between which countries?
संयुक्त सैन्य अभ्यास “अजेय वारियर-23” किन देशों के बीच हुआ?
(A) India and United Kingdom / भारत और यूनाइटेड किंगडम
(B) Bangladesh and Nepal / बांग्लादेश और नेपाल
(C) India and Australia / भारत और ऑस्ट्रेलिया
(D) United Kingdom and Bangladesh / यूनाइटेड किंगडम और बांग्लादेश
Ans : (A) India and United Kingdom / भारत और यूनाइटेड किंगडम