- Bangladesh Army Chief of Army Staff General S.M. Shafiuddin Ahmed is on a three-day visit to India from 27 to 29 April 2023.
- He is visiting India at the invitation of his Indian counterpart Chief of Army Staff (CAS) General Manoj Pandey.
- The Bangladesh Army Chief began his visit by laying a wreath at the National War Memorial and paying homage to the fallen heroes of the Indian Armed Forces. The visiting general was given a guard of honor at the South Block lawns, following which he met Army Chief General Manoj Pandey.
- After this, General S.M. Shafiuddin Ahmed, Chief of Defense Staff General Anil Chauhan, Navy Chief Admiral R.K. Hari Kumar, Vice Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal A.P. Singh, Defense Secretary and Foreign Secretary. He was also briefed about the Indian indigenous defense equipment manufacturing ecosystem by the Department of Defense Production (DDP) and the Army Design Bureau.
- During the visit, between India’s Center for United Nations Peacekeeping (CUPNK) and Bangladesh’s India and Bangladesh Institute of Peace Support Operations Training (BIPSOT) The two armies signed an “Implementing Arrangement” for UN peacekeeping operations and training cooperation.
Qns : Which country’s army chief came to India on a three-day visit from 27 to 29 April 2023?
किस देश के सेना प्रमुख तीन दिवसीय दौरे पर 27 से 29 अप्रैल 2023 तक भारत आए थे?
(A) Australia / ऑस्ट्रेलिया
(B) China / चीन
(C) Bangladesh / बांग्लादेश
(D) Nepal / नेपाल
Ans : (C) Bangladesh / बांग्लादेश