- Artificial Intelligence (AI) supercomputer ‘Airavat’ set up at C-DAC, Pune has been ranked 75th in the world.
- The top 500 global supercomputing list was announced at the 61st International Supercomputing Conference (ISC 2023) in Germany. In this, India has been placed at the top position among AI supercomputing countries all over the world. This system has been established under the National Program on Artificial Intelligence (AI) in India.
About supercomputer AIRAWAT :
- AIRAWAT is the name of the in-house cloud platform for big data.
- The proposed AIRAWAT system is a 100+ petaflop AI-focused supercomputer.
- The NITI Aayog report compared Japan’s AI Bridging Cloud Interface supercomputer.
- The system is a 130 petaflop computer focused on providing computation for AI, ML and big data tasks.
Qns : Where was the AI Supercomputer ‘AIRAWAT’ ranked in the 61st edition of the Top 500 Global Supercomputing List?
Answer : (B) 75th