Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Akhil Bharatiya Shiksha Samagam at Bharat Mandapam, Pragati Maidan in Delhi on 29 July 2023.
- The event marked the 3rd anniversary of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
- NEP 2020 was launched with the vision of grooming the youth to lead the country in Amrit Kaal and preparing them to face future challenges while upholding basic human values.
- Over the past three years, NEP 2020 has brought about radical transformations in school, higher, and skill education.
- During the event, academics, policymakers, industry representatives, teachers, and students from schools among others, shared their insights and best practices in implementing NEP 2020.
- The Prime Minister released the first installment of funds under the PM SHRI Scheme during the programme.
- The schools supported by the PM SHRI Scheme will focus on nurturing engaged, productive, and contributing citizens to build an equitable, inclusive, and plural society, in line with the vision of NEP 2020.
- The Prime Minister also released education and skill curriculum books translated into twelve Indian languages during the event.
Q.: The PM SHRI Scheme focuses on nurturing students to become ________.
a) Wealthy entrepreneurs
b) Engaged, productive, and contributing citizens
c) Government employees
d) Members of the armed forces
Ans : b) Engaged, productive, and contributing citizens