- All schools in Delhi will be closed from November 9 to 18, 2023.
- The decision to close schools was made by the Education Department of Delhi.
- The reason for this closure is the adverse weather conditions and rising pollution levels in the national capital.
- The Delhi Government issued an order stating that the winter break will be observed during this period, and further orders for the remaining portion of the break will be issued later.
- The decision to close schools is due to the implementation of GRAP-IV measures in response to severe air quality issues in Delhi and the prediction of no improvement in the near future by the IMD (Indian Meteorological Department).
- The Delhi Environment Minister, along with Transport and Revenue Ministers, chaired a meeting to ensure compliance with instructions given by the Supreme Court regarding pollution control.
Q.: Why are all schools in Delhi were closed from November 9 to 18, 2023?
A) Due to a teacher’s strike
B) Adverse weather conditions and rising pollution levels
C) Summer vacation
D) Scheduled maintenance work
Ans : B) Adverse weather conditions and rising pollution levels