- Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-J) has achieved the milestone of 5 crore hospital admissions with an amount of Rs 61,501 crore under the scheme.
- The flagship scheme being implemented by the National Health Authority (NHA) provides a health cover of Rs 5 lakh per family per year for hospitalization under secondary and tertiary care to 12 crore beneficiary families.
- AB PM-JAY is being implemented in 33 states and union territories except Delhi, Odisha and West Bengal.
- Under the PM-JAY scheme, the verified 23.39 crore beneficiaries can avail free treatment up to Rs 5 lakh in any of the 28,351 empaneled hospitals across the country.
- AB PM-JAY beneficiaries can avail treatment tailored to a total of 1,949 procedures under 27 different specialties.
- Medical oncology (cancer treatment), emergency care, orthopedic and urology (kidney related diseases) are the top tertiary care specialties under which treatment has been availed by the beneficiaries so far.
Qns : How much health cover is provided per family per year under AB PM-JAY?
(A) Rs 2 lakh
(B) Rs 3 lakh
(C) Rs 4 lakh
(D) Rs 5 lakh
Ans : (D) Rs 5 lakh