- On 31st May, 2023 – Dubai has achieved a significant milestone in healthcare innovation with the successful trial of drug delivery via drone.
- The trial, conducted at the Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) in partnership with Fakih University Hospital, reflects Dubai’s commitment to becoming a global leader in the adoption of advanced technologies in critical areas.
- Dubai, in collaboration with Dubai Silicon Oasis, Dubai Future Foundation, Dubai Civil Aviation Authority and Emirati smart mobility company Bark Air, completed the groundbreaking trial of a 10-kilometer range.
- Drones operated by Fakih University Hospital deliver medicine from the hospital to a patient’s home in Cedre Vila, demonstrating the city’s potential in using drone technology for medical delivery.
- This achievement aligns with the objectives of the visionary ‘Dubai Programme to Enable Drone Transportation,’ initiated by Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of The Executive Council of Dubai, which aims to enhance transportation services through drone technology.
Qns : Which organization operated the drones for the medical delivery?
(A) Dubai Silicon Oasis
(B) Dubai Civil Aviation Authority
(C) Fakih University Hospital
(D) Bark Air
Ans : (C) Fakih University Hospital