On 28 September 2023, the fifth day of the Asian Games 2023, India achieved success in various sports, including shooting, wushu, and equestrian.
- Wushu Silver: Naorem Roshibina Devi won the women’s 60kg silver medal in wushu, improving upon her previous bronze finish at the 2018 Asian Games.
- Shooting Gold: Shooters Sarabjot Singh, Arjun Singh Cheema, and Shiva Narwal secured the men’s 10m air pistol team gold, contributing to India’s total shooting medal count of 13 (four gold, four silver, and five bronze).
- Equestrian Bronze: Anush Agarwalla earned a bronze medal in equestrian, marking India’s first-ever individual dressage medal at the continental meet.
- Hockey Victory: The Indian men’s hockey team defeated reigning champions Japan and claimed the top spot in Pool A.
- Tennis Success: The tennis pair of Ramkumar Ramanathan and Saketh Myneni won a bronze medal in the men’s doubles, with the opportunity to compete for the gold medal in the next match. Additionally, Rohan Bopanna and Rutuja Bhosale are assured of a mixed doubles medal.
- Squash Advancement: The Indian squash teams advanced to the semi-finals, guaranteeing at least two medals at the 19th Asian Games.
- Table Tennis and Boxing: Table tennis players Sharath Kamal, Manika Batra, and Sathiyan Gnanasekaran won their opening singles matches. Boxers Nishant Dev and Jaismine Lamboria also won their pre-quarterfinal bouts and are one victory away from securing medals.
- Medal Tally: India is currently ranked fifth in the medal tally with a total of 25 medals (6 gold, 8 silver, and 11 bronze) as of the fifth day of the Asian Games 2023.
Q.: Which sport did Naorem Roshibina Devi win a silver medal in at the Asian Games 2023?
Ans : c) Wushu