India has retained its 40th rank in the Global Innovation Index (GII) for the year 2023. The ranking was published by the World Intellectual Property Organization, and India’s consistent improvement in the GII ranking was highlighted.
- India’s GII ranking has improved significantly over the years, moving from 81st place in 2015 to its current 40th position in 2023.
- The improvement in India’s GII ranking is attributed to factors such as a strong knowledge capital, a thriving startup ecosystem, and the contributions of both public and private research organizations.
- The Atal Innovation Mission has played a significant role in enhancing the innovation ecosystem in India.
- NITI Aayog is actively involved in promoting policy-led innovation in various sectors, including electric vehicles, biotechnology, nanotechnology, space technology, and alternative energy sources.
- NITI Aayog has also been working to expand the innovation ecosystem at the state and district levels.
Global Innovation Index 2023 List
Q.: What is India’s rank in the Global Innovation Index for the year 2023?
Ans : b) 40th