Assembly elections are scheduled for Mizoram, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Telangana. The election dates are between 7th to 30th November 2023, with the counting on 3rd December.
- Detailed election schedules and notifications are provided for each state.
- These elections are significant as they precede the General Elections in 2024.
- There are 679 assembly seats and 16 crore electors across these states, with around 60 lakh first-time voters.
- Electoral malpractice can be reported through the cVigil App, with a quick response promised.
- Over 940 inter-state border check posts will be set up to monitor the movement of illicit cash, liquor, freebies, and drugs.
- An election seizure management system is being introduced to ensure inducement-free elections.
Q.: When will the counting of votes for the assembly elections in Mizoram, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Telangana take place?
a) 7th November
b) 3rd December
c) 30th November
d) 17th November
Ans : b) 3rd December
Q.: What is the purpose of the cVigil App ?
a) To count votes electronically
b) To monitor election rallies
c) To report electoral malpractice
d) To provide election results
Ans : c) To report electoral malpractice