- Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has announced that the third in-person Quad Summit will take place on 24th May 2023 in Sydney.
- The summit will be attended by the leaders of the four Quad countries: US President Joe Biden, Japanese PM Fumio Kishida, Indian PM Narendra Modi, and Australian PM Anthony Albanese.
- The Quad’s primary goal is to promote a free and open Indo-Pacific region and enhance cooperation on regional challenges such as maritime security, infrastructure development, and economic growth.
- The Quad leaders are expected to discuss various issues such as the COVID-19 pandemic, climate change, cybersecurity, and economic recovery.
- The Quad leaders will also engage with other partners and regional groupings, including the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the Pacific Islands Forum, to strengthen cooperation and shape the Indo-Pacific region’s future.
Qns : Which country is to host the third in-person Quad Summit?
कौन सा देश तीसरे इन-पर्सन क्वाड समिट की मेजबानी करेगा?
Ans : (D) Australia