In the final match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, Australia won against India by 6 wickets. The match was held on Sunday, 19 November 2023 at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad. Australia won the toss and decided to field first. India scored 240 runs for 10 wickets in 50 overs. In response, Australia scored 241 runs for 4 wickets in 43 overs. The player of the match was Travis Head for his 137 runs in 120 balls.
Australia’s victory in the final match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 makes them the first team to win all ICC titles. The Indian pace attack led by Mohammed Shami managed to scalp 98 wickets in the tournament, the most by any country in the history of the tournament. Here are some of the top performers of the tournament:
- Leading run scorers: Virat Kohli is at position 1, with 711 runs in 10 matches.
- Highest wicket takers: Mohammed Shami is at position 1, with 23 wickets in 6 matches.
- Most sixes: Rohit Sharma is at position 1, with 28 sixes in 10 innings.
- Highest scores: Glenn Maxwell is at position 1, with 201* highest scores.
- Most catches: Daryl Mitchell is at position 1, with 11 catches in 10 matches.
Q.: Who won the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023?
- A. India
- B. Australia
- C. England
- D. South Africa
Ans : B. Australia
Q.: Who is the leading run-scorer of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023?
- A. Rohit Sharma
- B. Travis Head
- C. Virat Kohli
- D. Glenn Maxwell
Ans : C. Virat Kohli (position 1, with 711 runs in 10 matches)