The Bhoomi Samman 2023 awards were presented to outstanding achievers in implementing the Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme, including nine State Secretaries and 68 District Collectors and their teams by President Droupadi Murmu on 18 July 2023.
- Digitization of land records and their integration with government departments will enhance transparency and aid in the efficient implementation of welfare schemes.
- Modernization of land records is crucial for the development of rural areas, given the dependency of most rural populations on land resources.
- A comprehensive integrated land management system is deemed highly important for rural development.
- Digitization will also prove beneficial in cases of document loss due to calamities like floods and fires.
- The Digital India Land Information Management System provides a Unique Land Parcel Identification Number, similar to an Aadhaar Card, which facilitates proper land use and the implementation of welfare schemes.
- Access to land-related information in a free and convenient manner will have multiple benefits, including the resolution of disputes related to land ownership and use.
- A significant portion of the country’s population is involved in land-related disputes, leading to substantial time consumption for both administration and the judiciary.
Q.: The Bhoomi Samman 2023 awards were presented to individuals and teams who excelled in which program?
a) Digital India Education Enhancement Program
b) Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme
c) Digital India Healthcare Access Initiative
d) Digital India Skill Development Scheme
Ans : b) Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme