- Bhubaneswar, the capital city of Odisha, launched its first-ever direct international flight service to Dubai which touched down at May 15.
- IndiGo is the airline operating the direct flight service.
- The inaugural flight carried a delegation from the Government of Odisha, civil society, business and sports community, and self-help groups.
- The launch coincided with the upcoming Odisha Dibasa program, showcasing the state’s culture and heritage.
- The direct flight operates three times a week (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays) using an Airbus A320 aircraft.
- The starting fare for the route is set at Rs 10,000.
- The flight is expected to have a transformative impact on Odisha’s economy, facilitating investments, boosting trade ties, and enhancing the tourism sector.
- Residents express happiness and excitement about the direct flight, emphasizing the convenience and new travel experience it provides.
- The launch is seen as a proud moment for the people of Odisha, cutting back stopovers and reducing flying time from 12 to 4 hours.
- The direct flight signifies Odisha’s embrace of global connections and its potential for enhanced trade, investment, and tourism opportunities.
Question: Which city in Odisha recently launched its first-ever direct international flight service to Dubai?
Answer: c) Bhubaneswar