- Gajraj Corps of the Indian Army conducted a Joint Flood Relief ‘Exercise Jal Rahat’ at Hagrama Bridge on Manas River, Assam in May 2023.
- The exercise aimed to validate joint drills and coordinate preparedness by multi-agency flood relief columns.
- Participants in the exercise included the Indian Army, SSB, NDRF, SDRF, DDMA, and police representatives.
- The exercise involved coordination and rehearsals for rescue missions in inundated areas using specialist teams from the Army, NDRF, and SDRF.
- The flood relief columns practiced the use of innovative expedients and demonstrated the use of local resources during flood situations.
- The event was witnessed by senior dignitaries from the Army, Civil, CAPF, DC Offices, Bongaigaon & Chirang, and SSB.
- The Indian Army has been actively involved in flood relief operations and has evacuated thousands of lives in such situations over the years.
Question: Which Indian Army Corps conducted the Joint Flood Relief Exercise ‘Jal Rahat’ in Assam?
a) Brahmastra Corps
b) Chetak Corps
c) Gajraj Corps
d) Veer Corps
Answer: c) Gajraj Corps