- Bihar government decided to recruit teachers in government schools through a commission.
- The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on 10 April 2023.
- Currently, recruitment of teachers is done at panchayat, block, and district levels.
- Appointments will no longer be made on a contractual basis.
- Contract teachers can become regular government teachers after clearing entrance examinations conducted by the Commission.
- Three lakh teachers will be appointed under new recruitment rules.
- All government school teachers will now be state employees.
Question : How will the Bihar government recruit teachers in government schools?
a) Through block and district levels
b) Through panchayat, block and district levels
c) Through a commission
d) Through a contract system
Answer: c) Through a commission