- The Election Commission of India has granted national party status to Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on 10th April 2023.
- The national party status of All India Trinamool Congress (AITC), Communist Party of India and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) has been withdrawn.
- The AAP has become a recognized state party in four states: Delhi, Punjab, Goa and Gujarat.
- The Commission withdrew the state party status of AITC in Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh, Communist Party of India in West Bengal and Odisha, and NCP in Goa, Manipur, and Meghalaya.
- Tipra Motha Party has been granted recognition as a state party in Tripura, and Voice of the People Party in Meghalaya.
- Lok Janshakti Party (Ram Vilas) has been recognized as a state party in Nagaland.
- The state party recognitions of Bharat Rashtra Samithi, Pattali Makkal Katchi, Revolutionary Socialist Party, People’s Democratic Alliance, and Mizoram People’s Conference have been withdrawn.
Question : The Election Commission of India has granted national party status to which political party on 10th April 2023.
a) All India Trinamool Congress (AITC)
b) Nationalist Congress Party (NCP)
c) Communist Party of India (CPI)
d) Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)
Ans : d) Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)