The Defence Acquisition Council has approved the procurement of 26 Rafale Marine aircraft from France for the Indian Navy. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is in official visit of France and he will be the Guest of Honour at the Bastille Day Parade on 14 July 2023.
- The approval includes associated ancillary equipment, weapons, spares, crew training, and logistic support.
- The procurement is based on an Inter-Governmental Agreement between India and France.
- The price and other terms of purchase will be negotiated with the French Government, considering relevant aspects, including comparative procurement price of similar aircraft by other countries.
- The Defence Acquisition Council has also approved the procurement of three additional Scorpene submarines under the Buy (Indian) category.
- The submarines will be constructed by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited.
- The procurement of additional submarines aims to maintain the required force level and operational readiness of the Indian Navy.
Q.: The Defence Acquisition Council has approved the procurement of 26 Rafale Marine aircraft for the Indian Navy from which country?
a) United States
Ans : c) France