Dipika Pallikal and Harinder Pal Sandhu won the gold medal at the Asian Mixed Doubles Squash Tournament on 30 June 2023 in Hangzhou.
- They defeated Ivan Yuen and Rachel Arnold of Malaysia in a 2-0 victory during the final match.
- Dipika’s participation in this event marks her first appearance since the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
- Another Indian duo, Anahat Singh and Abhay Singh, won the Bronze medal by defeating the top seeds.
- The Asian Mixed Doubles Squash Tournament is serving as a trial event for the Hangzhou Asian Games, which will be hosted by China in September.
- The tournament features 21 teams from 10 countries and regions, including China, Hong Kong, India, and Malaysia.
- This event is significant as it marks the inclusion of mixed doubles as an official event in squash for the first time in the Hangzhou Asian Games.
- China is hosting an Asian-level squash mixed doubles competition for the first time.
- The Hangzhou Asian Games will offer five gold medals in squash.
Q.: Who won the gold medal in the Asian Mixed Doubles Squash Tournament in June 2023?
a) Dipika Pallikal and Ramit Tandon
b) Harinder Pal Sandhu and Sunayna Kuruvilla
c) Sunayna Kuruvilla and Ramit Tandon
d) Dipika Pallikal and Harinder Pal Sandhu
Ans : d) Dipika Pallikal and Harinder Pal Sandhu