- The 3rd Forum on India-Pacific Islands Cooperation (FIPIC Summit), which was held in Port Moresby on 22 May, was jointly organized with Papua New Guinea.
- The Prime Minister of India co-chaired the summit with the Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea.
- The discussions covered various areas of cooperation including commerce, technology, health care and climate change.
- The first FIPIC summit was held in the year 2014 in Suva, the capital of Fiji. At this summit, India announced a number of development assistance initiatives.
- The second such summit, FIPIC-II was held in the year 2015 in Jaipur.
- The third FIPIC summit was to be held in early 2020 but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In 2023, This was the third FIPIC summit to be held.
- FIPIC includes 14 island countries – Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu – that are located in the Pacific Ocean, to the northeast of Australia.
Qns : Where was the 3rd Forum on India-Pacific Islands Cooperation (FIPIC Summit) held?
(B) New Zealand
(C) Papua New Guinea
Ans : (C) Papua New Guinea