- India’s first Airbus C295 successfully completed its maiden flight, marking a significant milestone towards its delivery by the second half of 2023.
- The strategic aircraft took off from Seville, Spain on 5 May at 11:45 am local time (GMT+1) and landed at 14:45 pm after a three-hour flight.
- In September 2022, the Government of India signed a deal worth about Rs 21,000 crore with Airbus Defense and Space for the purchase of C-295 transport aircraft to replace the aging Ever-748 aircraft of the Indian Air Force.
- The Committee on Security had approved the purchase of 56 transport aircraft for the Indian Air Force on 8 September 2022. In this, Tata Consortium will make 40 aircraft in India within ten years. The remaining 16 aircraft will be delivered to India in fly mode within four years directly from Sampani.
Airbus C295 :
- It is a medium tactical transport aircraft that was designed by the Spanish aerospace company CASA.
- The manufacturing and final assembly of the C-295 is normally done at the Airbus Defense and Space facilities at San Pablo Airport in Seville, Spain.
- As a tactical transporter, the C-295 is capable of effectively carrying out a variety of missions.
Qns : Where did the first Airbus C295 make its maiden flight to India?
(A) Mumbai, India
(B) New Delhi, India
(C) Seville, Spain
(D) Barcelona, Spain
Answer : (C) Seville, Spain