- The 35th edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) was conducted from 3rd to 10th May 2023.
- The patrol was conducted by the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy along the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) in the Andaman Sea.
- The aim of the patrol is to keep this vital part of the Indian Ocean safe and secure for international trade by preventing and suppressing unlawful activities like Illegal Unreported Unregulated (IUU) fishing, drug trafficking, piracy, and armed robbery.
- The patrol facilitates instituting measures to prevent smuggling, and illegal immigration and for the conduct of Search and Rescue (SAR) operations at sea.
- The Indian Navy has been proactively engaging with the countries in the Indian Ocean Region towards enhancing regional maritime security through bilateral and multilateral exercises, Coordinated Patrols, Joint EEZ Surveillance, and Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.
- The patrol is part of the Government of India’s vision of SAGAR (Security And Growth for All in the Region).
Qns : Where is the 35th Edition of Indo-Thai CORPAT conducted?
(A) Andaman Sea
(B) Pacific Ocean
(C) Arabian Sea
(D) Indian Ocean
Answer : (A) Andaman Sea