- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the first of its kind, massive three-day International Museum Expo-2023 at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi on 18 May.
- This initiative has been taken to mark and celebrate the 47th International Museum Day as part of the second phase of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The objective of the expo is to facilitate holistic interaction and showcase the diverse cultural heritage displayed by various museums across the country.
- Museum experts, curators, and professionals from foreign countries are expected to participate in the Expo to exchange ideas and promote cross-cultural learning and understanding in museum management.
- The Ministry of Culture is currently running 383 museums across the country, of which 145 have been constructed under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s guidance in the last nine years.
- Various workshops, seminars, panel discussions, and other events will be held during the three-day Expo. The cultural ministers of state governments and other officials will also attend the event.
Qns : Who will inaugurate the International Museum Expo-2023 on 18th May?
(A) President of India
(B) Prime Minister of India
(C) Chief Minister of Delhi
(D) Minister of Culture
Answer : (B) Prime Minister of India