- The annual Group of 7 summit officially kicks off on 19 May 2023 in Hiroshima, Japan.
- The G7 is an influential international forum consisting of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- The G7 aims to discuss and coordinate policies on global economic growth, security, and other pressing challenges.
- Topics of discussion will include international trade, security, the U.S.-China competition, and the ongoing conflict in Ukraine.
- The G7 summit will also include countries invited for the gathering, such as Australia, Brazil, India, Indonesia, South Korea, and Vietnam, who have significant roles in regional alliances amid the U.S.-China rift.
- The summit will be held in Hiroshima, a city devastated by the atomic bomb during World War II.
- The G7 was formed in 1975 with six countries, and Canada joined in 1976, expanding the membership to seven countries.
Question : When and where is the G7 summit 2023 scheduled to take place?
a. 19-21 May 2023 in New York
b. 19-21 May 2023 in Hiroshima
c. 19-21 May 2022 in London
d. 19-21 May 2022 in Tokyo
Ans : b. 19-21 May 2023 in Hiroshima