India reached the semi-finals of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup on November 2, 2023, by defeating Sri Lanka at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
- India set a formidable target of 357 runs for Sri Lanka to chase.
- Sri Lanka could only manage to score 55 runs and were all out in just 19.4 overs.
- Mohammed Shami took 5 wickets during the match, making him India’s highest wicket-taker in ODI World Cup history.
- Mohammed Siraj claimed 3 wickets, while Jasprit Bumrah and Ravindra Jadeja took one wicket each.
- In India’s innings, they scored 357 runs for the loss of 8 wickets in 50 overs.
- Key contributors to India’s score were Shubman Gill (92), Virat Kohli (88), and Shreyas Iyer (82).
Q.: Who became India’s highest wicket-taker in ODI World Cup history ?
a) Jasprit Bumrah
b) Shubman Gill
c) Mohammed Shami
d) Virat Kohli
Ans : c) Mohammed Shami