- India and the UK (United Kingdom) will jointly create an India-UK “net zero” innovation virtual centre.
- This was announced by Science and Technology Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh at the India-UK Science and Innovation Council meeting in the presence of United Kingdom Minister George Freeman.
- India-UK “NET Zero” Innovation Virtual Centre which will provide a platform to bring stakeholders from both countries together to work in some of the focus areas including Decarbonization of manufacturing process & transport systems and Green Hydrogen as renewable source.
- The Government of India has launched several major initiatives such as the National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber Physical Systems (ICPS); Quantum Computing and Communications; Launched several major initiatives such as supercomputing, electric mobility, green hydrogen, etc., which provide new opportunities for collaboration.
- India is fast marching towards becoming an economic powerhouse driven by its extraordinary technology and innovation.
Qns : What is the focus of the India-UK “NET Zero” Innovation Virtual Centre?
(A) Artificial intelligence and machine learning
(B) Advanced materials science
(C) Decarbonization of manufacturing process & transport systems
(D) Biotechnology and genetic engineering
Ans : (C) Decarbonization of manufacturing process & transport systems