- Rohit Sharma-led India became the number one Test team overtaking Australia in the latest rankings released by the International Cricket Council (ICC) on 2 May
- Australia’s reign at the top of the men’s Test rankings ended after 15 months, with India surpassing the Aussies ahead of next month’s ICC World Test Championship (WTC) final.
- India are currently on top with 121 points, while Australia are second with 116 points. Earlier this year, India registered a 2-1 series win against Australia to retain the Border-Gavaskar trophy for the fourth time in a row.
- England (116 points), South Africa (104) and reigning champion New Zealand (100) occupy third, fourth and fifth spots respectively.
- India will face Australia in the WTC final on June 7 at the Oval in London.
Qns : Which team has surpassed Australia to become the number one Test team in the latest ICC rankings?
(A) South Africa
(B) New Zealand
Answer : (C) India