- The Second G20 EMPOWER meeting will be held from 4th -6th April, 2023 at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- The theme of the meeting is “Women’s Empowerment: A Win-Win for Equity and Economy”.
- Side events on 4th April will take up important issues in the form of panel discussions.
- Dr. Munjpara Mahendrabhai, Minister of State for Ministry of Women & Child Development, will attend the opening plenary session on April 5.
- Closing plenary session on April 6 will focus on identifying key outcomes and establishing actions across G20 EMPOWER priorities on points of consensus.
- The discussions in the various sessions will reflect in the Communique of G20 EMPOWER and will be provided as recommendations to G20 leaders.
- The G20 EMPOWER is an alliance of G20 business leaders and governments that aims to accelerate women’s leadership and empowerment in the private sector.
- The Inception meeting of G20 EMPOWER was held on 11th-12th February at Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- The second EMPOWER meeting will have an exhibition designed and curated by the National Institute of Fashion Technology, showcasing women’s engagement in the cultivation and production of Tea, Coffee, Spices and Coir, work of women-led FPOs and Indigenous Toys, Handloom & Handicrafts crafted by women as well as ayurvedic and wellness products.
- Cultural programs will be organised in the evenings which will present an engaging glimpse into the rich cultural heritage of India.
Question : What is the theme of the second G20 EMPOWER meeting of the Ministry of Women & Child Development?
A. Women’s Empowerment: A Win-Win for Equity and Economy
B. Accelerating Women’s Leadership and Empowerment in the Private Sector
C. Achieving Economic Prosperity by Empowering Women: Towards 25×25 Brisbane Goals
D. Women’s Empowerment is an Economic Imperative
Answer: A. Women’s Empowerment: A Win-Win for Equity and Economy.