- The Indian men’s senior football team won the Intercontinental Cup with a 2-0 win over Lebanon in the final at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar on 18th June.
- The first half remained goalless before the hosts made it 1-0 in the 46th minute through Indian captain Sunil Chhetri’s goal in the second half. Lallianzuala Chhangte scored the second goal in the 65th minute and made the score 2-0.
- This is India’s second title in the tournament, after their victory in the inaugural edition in 2018. Korea won in 2019.
- India played four matches in the Intercontinental Cup and did not concede a single goal. This extended India’s streak of clean sheets to six. The last time India won six games without losing was in 1951-52.
- The 2023 Intercontinental Cup was the third edition of the Intercontinental Cup, a four-nation football tournament, held at the Kalinga Stadium in the Indian city of Bhubaneswar from 9th to 18th June 2023. The tournament was organized by the All India Football Federation.
Qns : Which country won the Intercontinental Cup 2023?
(D) None of the above
Ans : (C) India