- As a part of the Indian Navy’s deployment to ASEAN countries, Indian Naval Ships Delhi and Satpura under the command of Rear Admiral Gurcharan Singh, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet are on a visit to Siyanokville, Cambodia from 11 to 14 May 2023 .
- The visit of Indian Navy ships seeks to reinforce the strong bonds of friendship between India-Cambodia by strengthening maritime cooperation.
- During the port call, naval personnel from both the countries will engage in a series of interactions, deck visits and exchange of games with an aim to enhance interoperability and mutual understanding.
- INS Delhi is India’s first indigenously built guided missile destroyer and INS Satpura is an indigenous multi-role stealth frigate.
- The two ships are equipped with a versatile array of weapons and sensors and can carry multi-role helicopters. Both the ships are testimony to India’s advanced ship design and ship building capabilities.
Qns : Which ships of the Indian Navy are on a visit to Sianokville, Cambodia from 11 to 14 May?
(A) INS Mumbai and INS Kolkata
(B) INS Delhi and INS Satpura
(C) INS Vikrant and INS Viraat
(D) INS Chennai and INS Kolkata
Answer : (B) INS Delhi and INS Satpura