- India’s first carbon neutral village is being developed in Bhiwandi taluka of Thane district. 121 tribal villages are being developed as model villages.
- In Bhiwandi Lok Sabha constituency, around 1,75,000 farmers are getting benefited from Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Yojana.
- The initiative aims to reduce carbon emissions and promote sustainable practices for a cleaner and greener environment.
- These model villages serve as examples for sustainable development, demonstrating effective infrastructure, facilities and improved living conditions.
- This scheme provides financial assistance to the farmers, enhances their livelihood and promotes agricultural development.
Qns : In which district of India is the first carbon-neutral village being developed?
(A) Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh
(B) Thane, Maharashtra
(C) Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh
(D) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
Ans : (B) Thane, Maharashtra